Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The trials and tribulations of a young mom..

I am 22 years old and have two children.

I bathe them, I teach them and yes,I even feed them!

My children are my life and sometimes people have this preconceived notion that I am incapable for caring for another human being. I constantly get the "look", the "Oh my God she is a :GASP: teen mom!" look. I am so sick of that look and tired of the treatment I have endured from those same people judging me based on my looks. I suppose I may look a few years younger, but last year had a woman ask if I was 15 years old. I get why someone would judge a 15 year old with two children, but I am sick of getting judged.

I am married and my husband and I are raising our 2 children to the best of our ability. Oh and I even brush their teeth!!!! To think a young mom may even be a GREAT mom! Oh the horror!

No comments:

Post a Comment